Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Diary 9/24/15

Back in the day, (ha-ha. I sound so old) it used to frost in September. Yep, any rain storm would bring cold air behind it. A full moon also could mean a clear night of frost. Now those dates have moved up to November. At first, I didn't want to count on it being so late. I thought it was an unusual occurrence. Now, I believe we have lengthened our growing season by at least 45 days. That's alot. Still no sign of rain even though small low pressure systems are pushing through. Another ten days without a sign of serious rain and who knows beyond that. Poor plants. Poor trees. Poor animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...