Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Diary 8/11/15

We have had a mother turkey and her chicks coming to the chicken pen to clean up excess scratch and get a drink of water. The rooster runs them off if he sees them. The picture is not very good, but that is what is going on in it. The turkeys are in the background and the chickens in the foreground. The rooster is on his way.

You can hear her chirp at them all over the farm. In addition we have a single mourning dove hanging around. They mate for life and there is only the one, so there might be a sad tale there. Now, this afternoon, I spotted two kittens hiding in the wood pile. They are very skiddish, but ate the food I gave them when I left. Poor things. I called the neighbors to see if they belonged to them, but no. Not sure what will happen about that. We have two cats already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...