Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tinctures Diary 7/28/15

I have been having fun making salves, oils and tincture. I collected and dried most of the herbs just a few days ago, but they all dried very quickly. I made a lemon verbena, rosemary, and peppermint salve for mosquito prevention, no data in on that, yet. I also made plantain and comfrey which I use regularly for skin irritations, bee stings, and just moisturizing. I also made oil of clove, oregano, and lavendar for those herb's specialties; tooth aches, congestion, and soothing. I am soaking horehound and lemon balm to make a tincture for cold and coughs and bedtime. I am going to harvest echinacea soon for another tincture.
I use that for colds, flu, and virus attacks. I feel so fortunate to have these herbs at my disposal, and finally some time to use and experiment with them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...