Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Diary 6/20/15

My son is camping on the property over by our big pond. It is a nice place, very undisturbed and with a water source, a great place for animals of all kinds. He had told me about the owl and even had one flashed picture of it, so I went over this evening to outlast the mosquitoes...,

listen to other birds, watch deer, and wait for an owl show. I was not disappointed,. He came. He was very social. My son imitated his mewing call, and he responded. When we were taking pictures of him on the farther away tree, he came closer. He sat there with his head bowed like the picture for probably 20 seconds. It was fascinating to see him behave like this. He was so cute, too. Probably a saw whet owl, very small, and hopefully not too tame for his own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...