Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Diary 11/19/14

The morning was cool and damp, not crisp and frosty as the last two. Before the real rain started this afternoon, it was pleasant, moist and full of fall smells. By afternoon, though, the wind came up, the rain fell in earnest and I stayed inside throwing pots on the potter's wheel for the first time in three years. Like riding a bicycle, well not exactly. The first ball of clay was meant to be a bowl, but collapsed when I pulled too hard on the last forming of the shape. After that, I had amazing luck. I made 4 bowls, 3 plates, 2 mugs, a small pitcher, and two candle holders! Tomorrow, I will trim them and add handles. I'll take some pictures, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...