Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Diary 9/10/14

I have looked at the sign "Rogue River Gorge Viewpoint" fifty times and never went there until today. It will be part of an Upper Rogue visit from now on. My friend, Cheryl, and I surmised it might be more impressive this level of water; low enough to see the empty lava tubes and the rock walls that contain it. In high winter flows, all its impressive bulk would hide the features that made it look so powerful today. Glad we went . Visited Takelma Gorge on the river also. It is a favorite place and well worth the 1 1/2 mile trek along the river over lava rock. The maples were starting to change color. In another few weeks it will be spectacular!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...