Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Diary 8/7/14

Zinnias symbolize summer to me, just like corn and tomatoes. I just love their perfect petal arrangement.Lower temperature today made it easier to get more done in the greenhouses. Since the gophers have bothered the roots of several things in there, I have aphids. I have watered the areas with castor oil mix for the gophers and tried to fix the soil around the plants. Then, I sprayed a light dose of diatomaceous earth in suspension on the aphids. So much work and disappointment. I hope this gopher thing plays out soon.They are over populated and eating more than their share of my hard work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...