Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Diary 8/23/14

When I went out to turn off waters this evening, I was met by 9 turkeys, 7 teenagers and two moms. Then 5 deer bounded away. In the olden days when we were a full fledged farm, seeing this abundance of wildlife would have horrified me. They all can devastate a garden.
 These days, I am much more sharing and don't get so annoyed. The turkeys were eating weed seeds and the deer were cropping back a patch of pigweed, so really they were all doing me a favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...