Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Diary 8/20/14

    I am picking up four new pullets tomorrow. I am very excited about it and I tried to talk to the rooster in hopes we could share the anticipation. Although I explained it all to him, he did not seem overly excited. But then, he is a mellow Barred Rock, cautious, not quick to jump to judgment, a good protector when anything flies overhead.
   
    I told him he was going to feel like a young man again after I got home with his new harem. I bet it he hits the roost early tomorrow night. For now, he sits in his favorite hangout in the corner of the coop with the two old women left of our flock; all of them innocent to the changes ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...