Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Diary 4/21/14

Busy weekend full of family and friends. Hikes on the "old road", morel mushroom hunting, a sunny egg hunt, and a hike in the mountains. Egg hunt went well with fun prizes, nice sharing, and not a whimper. I wonder how many eggs are still out there?
Now, we are a month closer to summer and the longer days are nice. I want to start eating dinner earlier and have that after dinner time to go back out to the garden to work. It is a peaceful time; no one is mowing, blowing, weed eating, or making machine noises of any kind. The road below is quiet with no traffic going by. The birds are busy, and sometimes I am joined by deer.
We are about to have a real rain event with up to 3 inches. This is extremely good news. I was at the top of our drainage yesterday and not only was there no snow, it was dry. Lovely hike at the edge of my ability to the saddle aptly named Goodview Ridge.
All in all, I am a lucky woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...